Do 10” front drums get the horseshoe clip?

-

Righty Tighty

Blame it on the dog
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m re-assembling my 10” front drums on the ‘71 Scamp, and I can’t remember if I took off a horseshoe clip when disassembling. The rebuild kit included 2 horseshoe clips, but I think they might be there in case I was doing the rears.

The only horseshoe clips I remember taking off were on the hoses. The only possible place I can see a clip fitting would be at the top stud where the springs and cable mount, but the picture I took before disassembling doesn’t have a clip in place.
DD4C67DA-FD1A-4F0A-BA21-A431E4DEAA8D.jpeg

513E7016-9515-44C0-8367-9F1DB33B7808.jpeg

Nope, that is for the parking brake pivot lever in the rear. Looks good!

Looks like the old shoes were backwards - small in the rear? The new ones appear correct.

Nope, that is for the parking brake pivot lever in the rear. Looks good!

Looks like the old shoes were backwards - small in the rear? The new ones appear correct.

Thanks! One more question - I forgot to take pictures of the passenger side before disassembling, and the factory service manual only has pictures of the left (driver) side. I’m assuming it’s just a mirror image, but the upper springs are holding me up.

If I hook that stud from underneath like the driver side, the other end of the spring won’t engage the shoe. Does the passenger side hook from over the stud instead of underneath?

These pics are the passenger side.

4B7C1B5D-BBF6-402C-B33F-DD75EC0B7C24.jpeg
F50DFF4B-05FD-41F9-A951-99C9891254FA.jpeg

-
Back