Do 71 Dart panels fit 72's?

-

Mo Power

Reaction score
Well I'm in the market for new door panels and a guy sells them on ebay. So I sent him the measurements of my 72s and he said they look like they match up since he said they were for 69 70 71 on his ad. Just wanted to check to see if these will work if everything is located in the same spots on 71s.

The door panels will be the same, but the pattern of the vinyl will not be the same from year to year. Not a huge deal unless you are restoring your interior to stock and need them to match the seat pattern. Good luck, geof

any 67-72 a body door panels should fit the front. The rear one need to be from a 67-76 Dart/Scamp

any 67-72 a body door panels should fit the front. The rear one need to be from a 67-76 Dart/Scamp

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't 73-76 rear interior panels a different size than the 67-72 style because ot the plastic upper panel instead of the steel panel on the earlier cars.

Joe

Well I'm in the market for new door panels and a guy sells them on ebay. So I sent him the measurements of my 72s and he said they look like they match up since he said they were for 69 70 71 on his ad. Just wanted to check to see if these will work if everything is located in the same spots on 71s.

Depends on the body style of the Dart. The Demon & Swinger front door panels will interchange from 71 & 72. In 73, they moved the door release handle higher and towards the front of the door on the 2-door sports hardtop cars. Think the Swinger/Scamp got it also, but I can't confirm. The 4-door retained the "seat belt" style door release handle.

The Swinger & Demon rear panels do not interchange. The Swinger panels are large owing to the longer wheel base. According to Legendary, the Demon/Dart Sport rear panels vary from year to year at the bottom of the panel due to changes in seat belt mounts on the outside rear corners.

And hey another quick question do the center caps of 70 rallye rims fit the 71-72 rallye rims? Because the newer style I didn't think look as good as the 70 and below centers for rallyes.

And hey another quick question do the center caps of 70 rallye rims fit the 71-72 rallye rims? Because the newer style I didn't think look as good as the 70 and below centers for rallyes.

They will fit just as long as they are the same bolt pattern (4" SBP vs 4.5" LBP).

-
Back