Do c body shock plates fit Abody????????

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Does anybody know if C body lower shock plates will fit my 68 Abody Barracuda with an 8 3/4????

shock plates only change for axle tube size.... 7.25 axles are 2.5" tubes, everything else is 3"...

so as long as its a 8.25/8.75/9.25 etc, yes

Yes....... but they have to be the 72 and earlier shock plate's,
as the 73 and newer one's are a whole different style.

I had some once that hung down further than a,b and e....where the shocks bolt on.i don't remember what it was they came off of....pretty sure it was a c body though....maybe a wagon.

Charger is a b-body not a C-body. But yes B-body shock plate should work on a 8.75 I don't believe you could even get a 7.25 under a charger, but I could be wrong

I have a 73 and a 74 Charger and both have 7 1/4 axles.

What about plates from a Dakota/Durango, or other truck or van with a 9 1/4?

I'm looking for some to do a 8 3/4 transplant on my 73 Satellite, and the prices I'm seeing on ebay are astounding- $75 and up for basically flat metal with one bend, holes and a stud.

I had some once that hung down further than a,b and e....where the shocks bolt on.i don't remember what it was they came off of....pretty sure it was a c body though....maybe a wagon.

70 E body used a special "lower stance" spring plate that hung down lower. From 71 up on the E body, they went to the standard plate. As stated earlier: C bodies up to 73, B bodies up to 72 with 81/4, 8 3/4, 9 1/4 and 9 3/4 Dana. Only the 7 1/4 was different.

70 E body used a special "lower stance" spring plate that hung down lower. From 71 up on the E body, they went to the standard plate. As stated earlier: C bodies up to 73, B bodies up to 72 with 81/4, 8 3/4, 9 1/4 and 9 3/4 Dana. Only the 7 1/4 was different.

good to know...i've only had one set that i recall,and they could've came off a 70 challenger.
mike

-
Back