Do I need a pusher or puller?HELP!

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Going to order an Electric fan for the Duster. That 340 Is way too hot... Jegs I guess, I'm looking at The Flex-a-lite low profile dual 12" fans.They'll fit between my ALUMINUM Radiator and the engine. Not much room that water pump sure sticks out... BUT do I need a pusher or puller? What is mine doing now?? Can you tell I'm a bit of a novice...
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GLADLY ACCEPTED..

Need to get this in before the car show(my first ever as contestant)on Saturday.The 26th.

Puller is better if you can get it in. Your is probaly a puller unless it electric and mounted on the outside of the radiator.

If you mount it in front of your radiator you want a pusher. If it's in the engine bay then it's a puller. I believe there are fans out there that can push or pull depending on how you wire them up.

Going to order an Electric fan for the Duster. That 340 Is way too hot... Jegs I guess, I'm looking at The Flex-a-lite low profile dual 12" fans.They'll fit between my ALUMINUM Radiator and the engine. Not much room that water pump sure sticks out... BUT do I need a pusher or puller? What is mine doing now?? Can you tell I'm a bit of a novice...
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GLADLY ACCEPTED..

Need to get this in before the car show(my first ever as contestant)on Saturday.The 26th.

You will want to go puller if possible. I have that exact same lowprofile set up and use it as a pusher. I had to go with a dual pusher because of the march serpentine caused clearance issues. Not enough room for me to get fan shroud and dual fans. Puller is better if you have the space.

I could not drive in traffic in fear of over heating, but now it cools down to 185. The dual puller is the only way.
fan006.jpg

fan004.jpg

fan002.jpg

Before
fan012.jpg

Is that the matson setup? What are your rad dimensions? I need to see if that setup will work on my rad.

Yes it's a Mattson fan assembly. The rad. is a Northern. The size is the standard for A body (19x22).

-
Back