do I need a spacer?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I took the car out for a drive to the gym the other day. And when I came out to leave it was flooded. I had to hold the gas pedal down so that it would get some air and then it started.. What happen? and Whats needed to fix?

nope, because when I brought it home and ran it, i had to move the car kinda hard for the fuel to come out of the bowl, so they actually had to be lowered a tad.

what?
I had to lower the floats because I had to put too much effort into getting the gas to come out the side of the carb while the car was running. Its a 750dp

This might not be your problem but every time this has happened to me where I had gas dripping from the nozzles after it was shut off was because the float level was too high.

Check needle and seat also but that in extreme cases will usually stall the engine.

This carb is brand new from Bigs carbs. Nothing should be worn out..Im going to put a spacer and try to keep the fuel cooler.

i think the fuel is just boiling over into the carb. I need a small spacer and I need to re route my fuel line

K&N well my car is running a bit hot...it has a UDP on the crank that i need to switch with a stock one

what?
I had to lower the floats because I had to put too much effort into getting the gas to come out the side of the carb while the car was running. Its a 750dp

Ok hold on a sec.... If you take out the sight plug and the fuel in the bowl is so low that you have to give the car a hard shake for fuel to come out you rase the float not lower it.

You have had nothing but problems with this carb.

oh ya haha, and NO i havent...this is a TOTALLY new carb. That I just bought. But thanks haha

If it was perfect, why is this the 2nd thread on this carb.

1st get floats set right. Get the car on level ground and adjust the float until fuel just dribbles out of the sight plugs.

2nd what kind of carb gasket are you using? If it is one of those very thin and flimsy ones it would be a good idea to at least get one of the 1/4" thick ones to help insulate the carb from heat transfer.

yup, doing it tommrow.. I dident say it was perfect. I said nothings perfect out of the box

-
Back