Do Proportioning Valves Wear Out?

-
My 67 GTS was not correctly engineered from the factory and it had premature rear wheel lock up. Years ago I got the Mopar Performance adjustable valve. I had to set it to the maximum pressure reduction to the rear brakes.

A few years ago when I replaced the scored front rotors I put on slotted rotors on and ferrisgraphite pads. Now the car stops the best it ever has. Ferrisgraphite pads are suppose to have 25% more stopping force and are rotor friendly.

Okay.....this has become one of the more frustrating sourcing situations I've had since owning the 69.

Can someone tell me the difference in the two proportioning valves below please. InLine is telling me the valve doesn't fit the 75 Dart brakes, while Classic Industries says theirs does. I can't see a difference.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/39048620718...&_from=R40&_nkw=390486207187&_rdc=1#vi-ilComp

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/md2268.html

Thanks

The two prop valves do look exactly the same.......... either one should work.
I do remember reading somewhere on a mopar site, could have been here on FABO, that a person had mentioned that after 1974 on A-body cars, the factory went to the cast iron valve block, don't know how true the story is, because we only have A-body cars up through 1974 to look at here. The only thing that I can think of, is the possibility of differences in line port positions! There should be no specific reason you would not be able to use one of the new brake blocks you have mentioned. I would definately get a service manual to view the line port positions, and when you get a new prop valve, just make sure ALL lines are going to the correct ports! Or if you are buying new lines, from say Fine Lines, tell them your car is a 73 or 74 year car, and model. I hope this makes sense to you, and gets your problem resolved! Dodge33

Thanks Dodge 33!

I'm looking at the valve that came out of the 75 Dart and it's identical to the valves in the pictures...albeit dirtier. The line ports are the same, mounting bracket, etc.. I don't see any difference, unless the internals are different.

Thanks Dodge 33!

I'm looking at the valve that came out of the 75 Dart and it's identical to the valves in the pictures...albeit dirtier. The line ports are the same, mounting bracket, etc.. I don't see any difference, unless the internals are different.

I would say.......... it is possible that the internal valving, could be different,
but I'm not one to say, because I don't know. Like I said before, a Factory Service Manual could be your best friend. Good luck!

-
Back