Do you go through Mopar withdrawals?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Well, do you?
Do you just have to find someplace that you don't really have to go, but use it as an excuse to drive your Mopar?

kermitcar.jpg

I personally take my bike, or any car I want, to do an errand, take the kids to school...whatever needs to be done, just to be able to drive or ride! Why take my work truck when I'm not going to work?? Why take Nellas van when she's not going? Why take the brides little roller skate car unless I want to save gas?? I have em to drive and enjoy, and that's what I do!! And, I have plenty to work on if I ever get a Mopar withdrawal!!!

....and I'm considered by most kids at school to be the "cool dad"!! There is one other girl that I know of at Ian's school whose dad has a 66 Coronet, but I've never seen him pick her up in it!! I'd dare to say that Ian is the only kid who rides home on a Harley holding his violin!! Or in Sunfish with the top down!!!

The gauntlet was thrown down a couple years ago by the bride, who stated "I don't know why we insure all those cars if we never drive em"!! Ever since then, I take a car whenever I can!! Can't have that kind of statement go unchecked!!! :)

Still banging gears in my old powerwagon for the last few days. My wife needed my jeep for snow running.
That old truck is rough and crude compared to my jeep, but it gets the job done.

Now that we are into winter, here, in the N.E., and My cars are put away, I really miss driving them, especially The 33.
33 and 65 - 2.JPG

What kind of excuse is that?? I'm on here pretty well every day year round!! :D course, I just got my Duster on the road in September for the first time but still! :poke:

Short answer is no! I have a 90% finished car and it is 5 degrees this morning. I will spend the next two days in the shop working on the never-ending Mopar project so I get no withdrawal about the car.

Don't drive the old ones once they lay the salt. I don't sit around an mope, though. Plenty to do. Last winter I did the low dollar 318 (it was a blast). This year i'm redoing the "under the dash" area. Not nearly as fun, but needed to be done. wiper bushings, heater core, went to manual steering, changing out the instrument cluster, replacing the dash pad, installed the TTI down pipes in place of the cobbled exhaust I had to break in the cam and drive a little (very little). And it's all happening to this car....

And here is the start of the heater AC box. Sharing with FABO, maybe somebody will learn a little something

Don't drive the old ones once they lay the salt. I don't sit around an mope, though. Plenty to do. Last winter I did the low dollar 318 (it was a blast). This year i'm redoing the "under the dash" area. Not nearly as fun, but needed to be done. wiper bushings, heater core, went to manual steering, changing out the instrument cluster, replacing the dash pad, installed the TTI down pipes in place of the cobbled exhaust I had to break in the cam and drive a little (very little). And it's all happening to this car....

And here is the start of the heater AC box. Sharing with FABO, maybe somebody will learn a little something

Your winter project sounds about the same as mine! I'm hoping to get the whole dash redone this winter on a tight budget.

The salt and brake line eating brine is down on the roads here, so mine are put up for a while.
Not to say I ain't jones'n to take a car out and just drive!
I'm not a fan of this time of year in Ohio.

-
Back