Do you know this 72 Duster?

-

SSG_Karg

Enhanced member
Reaction score
I'm looking for any info on the history of my 1972 Duster. The guy I bought it from in 1999 didn't have the contact info of the previous owner so the trail went cold. The car didn't have a fender tag when I bought it but it did have a broadcast sheet in the rear seat with a VIN on it that doesn't match the VIN on the dash or the title.
When I bought it in '99, it had a 318 with a 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear. It also had a twin scoop hood, sharktooth grille, and looked like it had taken a little hit in the passenger side front above the bumper ( grille cracked, hood dented).
I believe the original color was gy9 Tawny Gold judging by the paint in the engine bay and the dash. I think it had tan interior but it was spray painted black. It looks like it was then painted yellow and when I bought it, it was a dark blue. I believe it was originally an automatic on the column because the gear selector is still there and the hole in the floor for the 4 speed shifter was very rough and there was no "hump".
The most distinguishing feature of this car is that someone installed an aftermarket sunroof sometime in the past (probably the 80's! LOL).
I bought this car in '99 in Northwest Pennsylvania and the title said it was previously titled in New York.
If anyone has any idea of where this car came from or who owned it or anything, I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• booster 134.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 376
  • booster 136.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 317
  • booster 137.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 357
  • booster 138.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 359
  • booster 141.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 387