Do you recognize this Holley carb?

-
You will only find the "rampant colt" insignia on Colt firearms. And it does not, and never did, look anything like the horse on that carb. If you were to find a Colt Industries insignia on a Holley carb it would look like this:
colt-industries.png

Colt Firearms logo:
coltlogo200.jpg

Correct but there was a colt industries that wasn't affiliated with the fire arms company from what I read

.420 , maybe a shade larger

The venturis are much larger than that. I'm guessing .420" is the booster diameter??? Measure the actual venturi where it necks down. It'll be somewhere around 1-3/8" or so. You can bent a paper clip and use that as a measuring tool if it helps.

Correct but there was a colt industries that wasn't affiliated with the fire arms company from what I read
And they owned Mickey Thompson / Holley? Not that I know of. Colt's was in Hartford CT. My dad worked there and I can assure you that at one time Colt Industries in Hartford owned Colt Firearms, and Holley.

I looked it up, and there was no reference to firearms, but, it could have been a separate division of firearms.

I looked it up, and there was no reference to firearms, but, it could have been a separate division of firearms.

I'd say it has nothing to do with fire arms, different companies.

that carb was custom built for racing , holley never had billet anything standard , and cast without choke boss as well . its a great carb .

-
Back