Do you recognize this Holley carb?

-

pete9857

Reaction score
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG

I don't see a carburetor. I see what appears parts of one though.

OK, I know it's a Holley 4150 series. Wondering if anyone knows what the pony head insignia means. It's some sort of special carb built for a specific brand of car.

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2096.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

What little I think I know..................

It's an HP series carb based on there is no choke horn or remnants of one; the throttle blades have been drilled to bleed air for idle.

The Pony could just be a foundry mark from where the body was cast........I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Pete, I'm not the biggest Holley guy. I agree it looks like a HP carb but that's the no brainer. There has to be a number on there to cross ref. Did you try the numbers at Holley.com?

Maybe an early HP, the air bleeds aren't screw in. I found the throttle blades interesting, no screws. Can you post of the blades open?

Pete, I'm not the biggest Holley guy. I agree it looks like a HP carb but that's the no brainer. There has to be a number on there to cross ref. Did you try the numbers at Holley.com?

To some a no brainer, though not to the OP apparently as he would have realized that it was pure aftermarket and not OEM........linkage is about the only thing that separates Holley's on Fords, Chevies and Mopars, and linkage is bolt on, therefore removable and replaceable with what you need.

1.69 throttle bore? Holley 750 main body.

I have had a lot of Holley carbs and never seen throttle blades like that,
Ya I would like to see them opened too.

Maybe an early HP, the air bleeds aren't screw in. I found the throttle blades interesting, no screws. Can you post of the blades open?
looks to me like the air bleeds are screw in with a allen set screw style

I will later, I've seen a lot of Holley carbs, never one like this. The blade assembly is billet aluminum, custom made
The number shows it to be a 830 cfm NASCAR carb

I see, the throttle blades and shafts are 1 piece, A lot of machine work for a carb?
Nascar would explain it

That thing is very cool, I would clean it, polish it up and hang it on the wall!

Interesting carb for sure. i see now the bleeds are allen set screws so it's been tapped. I'm not familiar with nascar stuff so it could very well be. If it is I'd say someone other than a race team drilled the throttle blades.

Post some CLEAR photo's here and these guys will probably have some answers.
racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org - Index page

Ok, thanks everyone, Colt industries did take over Holley in 68 apparently

-
Back