Do you remenber CarToons??

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
Do you remenber CarToons???Here's some of the CarToons Magazine Covers.
Why we don't have a magazine like that anymore? :wav:

Baby_Bummers_Bomb2.jpg

cartoons_june69.jpg

goin4speed.jpg

Hey LowDart!!
Yep those were the day's. :blob:
I have a few of them. But I do not know where they are! :wack:
I will bet my wife douse.

Good stuff back then. It's kind of funny you mention it because just last week I was thinking about this and Zingers and building a real one for car shows.

Here link to the history of CAR Toons from the first to the last which was 1991. I did not know that lasted that long.
http://www.georgetrosley.com/cartoons.html

Chuck

You're going back aways on that one, I remember that from 30+ years ago :toothy7:

Hey ,Thanks 340Mopar. the Cartoons website i'ts now one of my favorites.I had 13years old when i saw that magazine for the first time,it's rare here in Brasil and it's was bought in the U.S. by a friend's father(Airplane Pilot)and Something started there!Classic Cars are part of my life since that Day.

Krass and Bernie are alive and well in Car Craft.....they brought them back last year.

god i haven't seen those magazines in years...... i remember them well. they remind me also of wacky packages. remember those? they were stickers of brand name items that were changed to read something totally different and funny. ex: "chuck wagon" dog food was changed to read "choke wagon" dog food.....good stuff and good times...sadly we will never see those things again.
found a link to the old wacky packages check it out
http://www.wacky-packs.com/original.html

7demon2 said:
god i haven't seen those magazines in years...... i remember them well. they remind me also of wacky packages. remember those? they were stickers of brand name items that were changed to read something totally different and funny. ex: "chuck wagon" dog food was changed to read "choke wagon" dog food.....good stuff and good times...sadly we will never see those things again.
found a link to the old wacky packages check it out
http://www.wacky-packs.com/original.html

Man, I forgot about those things. I bought more gum because of them, to me it was like buying a sticker and getting gum for free.

It was cool to be a kid in the 60's

Your right about not seeing them again, could you imagine the lawsuits from the companies of those products today.

Chuck

A guy I work with found a box of those in a house he was cleaning out that he bought....sold them on eBay for big money. IIRC some of them brought over $100 for a single card/sticker. I am to young for those but Garbage Pail Kids were the big thing when I was little.

340mopar said:
Man, I forgot about those things. I bought more gum because of them, to me it was like buying a sticker and getting gum for free.

It was cool to be a kid in the 60's

Your right about not seeing them again, could you imagine the lawsuits from the companies of those products today.

Chuck
yeah i had a big collection of those things. i would have never guessed they would bring that kind of money. yeah the pc world we live in has all but killed anything fun. we can't even make fun of ourself anymore these days.....

Now we know were Michael Waltrip's fuel man came from for his Camry... It was this dude right there with the exotic fuel.

Chuck

-
Back