Do you use gasket sealer on an 8 3/4?

-

cpthowdy1369

Reaction score
I am putting the pumpkin back into the housing and when I took it apart, I did not find any evidince that there was sealer on it, just gasket. I'm thinking I should use the gasket sealer but I just wanted to make sure.

I usually just use the RTV of your color choice. I like the red. I rarely use the actual gasket.

We always use gasket sealer. I doesn't hurt, but it does if it leaks.

valiant006.jpg

I usually just use the RTV of your color choice. I like the red. I rarely use the actual gasket.

I like the black or gray just for the appearances. make sure the thin bead is inside the bolt circle as well and.... if it's an on the car deal be sure and bail out some of the housing grease so it doesn't keep oiling the gasket surface. I just barely tighten a few nuts then torque them all down the next day.

Same here, I used gaskets for years and always had a little drip in the driveway. I was helping a buddy of mine put the pumpkin in his Cuda and asked about the RTV only. He said that was the only way his had never leaked. I did the same, and my drip went away. I'll never use paper gaskets on an 8 3/4 again.:cheers:

Same here, I used gaskets for years and always had a little drip in the driveway. I was helping a buddy of mine put the pumpkin in his Cuda and asked about the RTV only. He said that was the only way his had never leaked. I did the same, and my drip went away. I'll never use paper gaskets on an 8 3/4 again.:cheers:

man you sure have a nice rear lol. is that a 4 link and coilover setup

Yes, it's a 4 link coil over from RMS.

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/

-
Back