Do your Dart Sport/Duster windows seal properly?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Have any of you replaced your roof rail seals and got your door glass to seal properly? Aaron and I have been unsuccessfully fighting the windows on his '74 Dart Sport. It seems like no matter what we do, there is no solution. I kept the old seals to have something to compare to, and the replacements have a few differences in design, especially up in the top corners that form the 90 deg. angles with the quarter windows.

If yours fit well and seal off wind and water properly, let me know which brand you installed.

Jerry

You might have already known this, but just in case, there are adjustments for where the glass ends up on the top of the door. If you remove the door panel and then take off the plastic cover that is on top of the door you will see a couple of little metal tabs with a rubber end turned up. By loosening the bolts in these you can push them in or out and should be able to seal it up that way. I have not replaced the seals on that part of the car, so I can't really say whether you just picked up some funky weatherstripping or not. Maybe that helps?

Thanks SGG,
I do know about those tabs, but they don't help this situation. It's not so much the leaning in or out they provide, but rather the front to back. If I adjust the glass towards the quarter window, it creates a gap at the A-pillar. It's like there is not enough bulk to fill the window opening

Jerry

-
Back