Dodge Demon Rear Seat Compatibility?

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the following for me, as I have tried several seats and they don't seem to work or else, I'm just an idiot and missing something..

Car -- 71 Dodge Demon
Issue -- Rear seat compatibility

Question: Will a rear bench seat from the following cars ALL fit and install in a 71 Dodge Demon? 70-72 Dart -- 70-72 Duster -- 73 Dart Sport -- 73 Dart

I currently have a 73 Dart high back bucket bench front seat in my demon and I am wanting to put a new back seat in as well. Preferably something that matches pattern but ideally something that will install properly. I have access to the mint matching 73 Dart rear seat, but when I tried installing it it just would seem to go in...

Can anyone confirm which seats will actually fit??

My 71 Demon came with a newer back seat, 71 has indentations in the bottom corners for seatbelts. Newer will Duster work , but if you are ever going to recover it you will have to go with newer patterns.

So then based on them at logic with a 73 dart rear seat work?? Since its newer than 71?

My seat belts are extra long after market do they are not an issue.

You can only use the rear seat from a Demon, Duster, or Dart Sport. The rear seat from a Dart is a different shape/height. There were a few minor changes for the later years like small indents for the seat belt retractors, but those would be pretty hard to notice, so any year should work as long as it's a Duster, Demon or Dart Sport seat. Unless it's from a car with the fold down seat or "space saver" option, those require a decent amount of work to swap to a non-fold down seat car.

Thank you for confirming this for me!! That is what I originally thought, but wasn't sure... but it explains why the 73 Dart rear seat wouldn't fit!

Thanks again..

Last question on this --- So I have decided I want to order a new seat cover for my 71 demon rear seat, but I'd like it to match the 73 Dart Sport front high back seat pattern...

Can anyone confirm if I can order either a 73 Dart Sport seat cover or a 72 Duster seat cover and it would fit my 71 Demon frame??
***Both of these rear seats would match the front pattern (front to back ribbed cover) that my front seat has.

Can you post pictures of the rear seat that you're talking about? I don't think the upper seat back changed any at all for the non-fold down seat cars. But I think the later seats have larger indents for the seat belt retractors. If that's the case, any of the covers for the seats with seat belt retractors wouldn't fit a seat bottom without the retractor indents.

Here's what the corners of my '74 seat looks like. Don't worry about the fold down upper, the seat bottoms were exactly the same. I think the earlier seat bottoms went straight back into the corner.
IMG_3390.jpg

Here is the seat I am looking to recover... The black one is definitely out of my 72 demon... they tan one I have no clue what it is out of, but it is exactly the same sizes as the back one. The pattern on the tan one is what I am looking for in black to match the front seat i have in the car...

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

the tan seat also fits in the my Demon... just no freaking clue what its out of so that I can order a new black cover for it?

Huh. The tan one looks exactly like the seat in my '74. And the black one you posted doesn't look any different as far as the shape of the seat bottom goes. The vertical pattern that's on that tan seat of yours wasn't used until '72, so, that tan seat you have can't be any earlier than that unless it's already been recovered. I would compare measurements between those two seats you have an then order a cover for a '72.

IMG_1435_zps7d079e8e.jpg

It does look exactly like your 74... The seat matches my 72 demon exactly in all dimension as well... I wonder if a 74 duster cover in black is what I should be ordering..

I think I caught a huge break... I never noticed a folder up pc pf paper in the spring in the very corner of the bottom seat... turns out someone folder up the build sheet and wedged it into the seat... Its a VL29G4 -- Valiant Duster 1974... so at least now I know what to order!
Thanks for the help!!

I think I caught a huge break... I never noticed a folder up pc pf paper in the spring in the very corner of the bottom seat... turns out someone folder up the build sheet and wedged it into the seat... Its a VL29G4 -- Valiant Duster 1974... so at least now I know what to order!
Thanks for the help!!

Sweet! I thought it looked just like the one in my '74.

-
Back