Dodge Grand Caravan starter question

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
So the starter as of late has been either clicking like the battery's dead,or dragging when it does engage. Methinks being a nippon denso starter it's probably contacts. I went over the battery connections and they are fine as are the starter ones.

So I bought a contact kit. While I was doing the oil change and air filter on it today I had a look at the starter. It' seems to be "caged" in by the forward engine mount/brace. The bottom bolts to remove the mount are easy,but Im sure there is one or two at the top of it and hidden by the starter.

I dont have a Haynes yet for this particular vehicle.

Anybody done one of these starters. Any helpfull hints?

I looked up a 2002...with a 3.3 and 3.8 they take the same starter,,,looks like 3 bolts all on bell housing side thread into starter...shouldn't be that bad.....I am guessing 13mm socket

hers is an exploded view...let me know if you need any thing more...or if i guess the wrong year...

starter bolts on caravan.jpg

Graphic starter.jpg

Almost a feely thing for the top. '02. Can't remember if that's a year when they still had the air filter tucked up underneath or not. If it is you'll want to get that out of way so you'll have room to get the ratchet in there and swing it.

-
Back