Dodge is on its game...2012 SRT8 Charger

-
Unfortunately there no longer is a Chrysler - it's now wholly owned by FIAT and the Chrysler operation in Michigan will be run by Sergio - CEO/FIAT.

Correction; in 58 they changed it to a bigger 2dr 4 seater. T-Birds didn't get 4 doors til 64 or 65, & those were suicide doors, no less.

you right... i was thinking 4 seater! ah duh! lol

by dad is lucky enough to still own his first car a 57 bird 312-4speed

Still a 4 door...........:-&

Still one of the ugliest front ends on record...........:banghead:

...............and I can buy a HOUSE for 52K. :violent1:

When hasnt Dodge been a sofa on wheels? Dodge always put more luxury into their cars. Which is why I like them. I dont care if I can beat a GT mustang, Its still fast. There is always a car faster than you on the road, dont make such a big deal of it.

There was no luxury in the early A bodies. They were purposeful cars up until '72 or so. After awhile they were available with big thick padded seats, padded steering wheels etc. IMO, those were the crap years...

There was no luxury in the early A bodies. They were purposeful cars up until '72 or so. After awhile they were available with big thick padded seats, padded steering wheels etc. IMO, those were the crap years...

You are one ignorant-.... I guess Dodge only accounts for A-bodies in the 60s and 70s? Ive met a lot of ignorant people, but a lot of people on here take the cake. I obviously wasnt talking about A-bodies when I mentioned dodge made luxury back in the day...

You are one ignorant-.... I guess Dodge only accounts for A-bodies in the 60s and 70s? Ive met a lot of ignorant people, but a lot of people on here take the cake. I obviously wasnt talking about A-bodies when I mentioned dodge made luxury back in the day...

Excuse me, but you clearly stated...

When hasnt Dodge been a sofa on wheels? Dodge always put more luxury into their cars.

So, since Fiat owns Mopar, and Fiat's CEO is running things, does that make ma-mopar an import? :violent1:
Ma-Mopar is now controlled by a company thats name has been synonymous with "Crap" since before I was born.
Think the new Charger looks like rice? Guess what it is.
Hate that its a 4-door? Get a Challenger!
Hate that the Challenger is an overweight, underachieving, over priced pig? Buy a Viper.
Can't afford a Viper? Buy a Mustang

The newest Mopar I will own will be when I replace my '04 Hemi Sport Ram that got stolen. If i buy a new car, it'll be a Ford. Have you all ever played "Build my car"? Get on various websites and see whats available from different manufacturers. Guess what Fords options are actually based on what us Gearheads demand. Want a different diff ratio? No problem, want to upgrade the brakes? No problem. Go to Chrysler's site and its done by packages that has maybe 1 thing your interested in and the rest of it is just garbage but your stuck getting all of it.

I went to supercharge my 04 Ram after my last deployment(2010) and there STILL wasn't a bolt on package for it. Less than a year after the Coyote was introduced you had your choice between single turbo, twin turbo, or supercharger.

Daimler may have raped them, but Mopar put the brick through their own skulls years ago.

Amen to that XL !

Without a doubt, us Mopar folks are the most brand loyal of the lot, but it's been many years since Chrysler really took our interests to heart.

On the Charger, while some here trumpet it as an offering (and I personally like that many are so brand loyal), if you want to discuss the real measure of the new Chargers, ask yourself this question:

20 years from now, how many on this forum would take a serious look at "todays" Charger, and then seriously dedicate their hard-earned money, and time, to doing a "frame off" resto - on a... 4 door Charger project ?

As another test, how many on this forum are actively seeking out old fury III 4 doors, with the intent of doing a full resto ? I can tell you - not many. In fact, other than cannibalizing them for 'beefy' parts for our mucsle cars, you just about can't give them away.

And so will be the fate of today's Charger...20 years down the road...

Additionally, Chrysler has snubbed the muscle car crowd/and their loyalists for years, and I think it would make for a great new thread:

Chrysler's All-time Biggest Screw Ups - since the 70's. That could be fun. How about I start with:

Offering the best Diesel engine in modern pickup, and selling it with sub-standard brakes and automatic transmissions that puke at 51,000 miles (just past warranty) and then refuse to help defray repairs...

Offering the best diesel pickup, but never offering it with a true "crew cab".

Offering the largest truck crew cab option, but then limiting consumers to a....short bed. Hello Ford and Chevy !

At a time when most rodders finally figured out the NEON was one of the best cars they'd mfg in a long time - stop offering a 2 dr version...

Offering a "hotrod" station wagon as the Magnum (I wanted one) and then limiting consumer options to an...automatic. I'd have bought one with a 5 or 6 spd manual, but Ma Mopar says, "go fish", which I did - at the Ford Dealership.

Offering one of Detroits most beautiful roadsters (Prowler), and then limiting options to a V6 and automatic transmission. I'd have bought one of these in a minute (even with a 6) if I could row some gears. An even nicer option would have been a 318/360 with a manal trans. Ma Mopar said "go fish", so I did. Bought a new Nissan 350Z Roadster instead and it rocked - through all six gears !

Guys, I could go on for pages about how Chrysler's marketing just plain SUCKS, and I'm sure many of your could add to the list. Problem boils down to:

There just aren't any real car guys running Chrysler anymore. It's ran by bean counters and they must be a bunch of girlie-men - 'cause they sure as hell ain't building cars to compare with other mfgs offerings. Chrysler continues to lose, because the organization is nowadays full of....losers !

OK, that's my little rant. I still love my Mopar hotrods and will never stray off-brand from a hobby perspective. However, the truth is, if we were to rely on Mopars offerings exclusively - there would be no hobby 20-30 years from now. Think about it.

Southernman

When hasnt Dodge been a sofa on wheels? Dodge always put more luxury into their cars. Which is why I like them. I dont care if I can beat a GT mustang, Its still fast. There is always a car faster than you on the road, dont make such a big deal of it.

what i think 72 ment was that compared to a plymouth the dodge has always been more "upscale"...

-
Back