Dodge Van tow vehicle ??

-
this post got my attention ….. :)
'77 Ramcharger with a 440? This sounds like a nice project. Pictures? Details?
I have a 440 out of a ramcharger. I don't have the actual ramcharger, it was rolled off the side of a mountain and the mountain won.

Surprisingly, after they pulled it out of the trees, the engine still started and ran.

So I bought the engine and watched the rest go to scrap

Had it not been wrecked, It would have been an awesome project because it was the plymouth ramcharger or whatever they called the plymouth that is rarely seen around

I have a 440 out of a ramcharger. I don't have the actual ramcharger, it was rolled off the side of a mountain and the mountain won.

Surprisingly, after they pulled it out of the trees, the engine still started and ran.

So I bought the engine and watched the rest go to scrap

Had it not been wrecked, It would have been an awesome project because it was the plymouth ramcharger or whatever they called the plymouth that is rarely seen around
It was the Plymouth Trail Duster. My budy had one and we always referred to it affectionately as the “Trail Dumpster”.

It is amazing how many of these traildusters and their dodge cousin will turn on a CL search. I always figured they were just a 1/2 t. pickup with the rear cover sorta thing, but still cool. NOt sure that if some came with 2 wd and not all were 4 wd.

My recommendations for serious towing with a B van: Check out the driver's side front frame rail near the steering box for cracks, and if there are any, fix it by the factory-approved method. Add braces and gussets to the steering box mount. Of course make sure the steering box mounting bolts are tight. Use a high-quality rebuilt steering box such as Red Top or Firm Feel, adjusted up as tight as possible. Install front and rear sway bars and accessory engine and transmission coolers.

-
Back