Does a '69 air cleaner look wrong on a '70 Dart Swinger 340

-
The fact anyone even considers $1000 for an air cleaner is ******* insane to me. This world really is bat **** crazy ain't it.
If it was all you need for a concours restoration I could understand but if you are driving it it doesn't matter .

I bought the repop unsilenced from Mancini and a pie tin last year it was $350.00 the pie tin was the expensive piece.
That is what I was thinking!!!!! Nuts ain't it!?
What is funny way back decades ago I would be at Mopar Nats and pick up a used lid for a 69 Roadrunner because I was too cheap to pay the $20 for a new one!! But back then, I could make that RR new and it was not worth any $30,000 and up!!!

I have one on my 67 Dart on the 340 with a set of HiPo 273 Valve Covers. I just realized I don't have a picture.

Yes......A 1969 Air Cleaner looks wrong on a 1970

But that is only if you know what you are looking at.

This thread makes me happy my car has little value to anyone but me. Having a somewhat rare actual legit musclecar like some of you fellas almost seems like a curse. I'm running an early 70s dual snorkel off a 400 on my 318. Air cleaner is bigger than the engine but the price was right being that I already had it.

This thread makes me happy my car has little value to anyone but me. Having a somewhat rare actual legit musclecar like some of you fellas almost seems like a curse. I'm running an early 70s dual snorkel off a 400 on my 318. Air cleaner is bigger than the engine but the price was right being that I already had it.
I had ran a 318 with a 72 340 air cleaner in my dart for a little while...its what I had laying around and it fit my 4 barrel so...

Is it wrong for a original show car, yes. Is it wrong for your everyday ride, no. Is it wrong not to have an air cleaner of any kind, yes. This is the best way I can explain it.

anyone remember the Edelbrock heart shaped air cleaner with the black foam in it...yeah I ran one thought it was the coolest thing...in 1988 LOL!

anyone remember the Edelbrock heart shaped air cleaner with the black foam in it...yeah I ran one thought it was the coolest thing...in 1988 LOL!
I used one for about a week. Took it off, thinking it did not clean the air well. If I recall, they had a black foam filter, that had to be oiled.

-
Back