Does anybody make an LA style rocker that oils through the pushrods?

-

hemichuck

Reaction score
I have a 5.9 Magnum shortblock with 4 inch crank and Icon forged flat tops in it. It is -0- decked and with the magnum chambers it would push 12.9 comp. I was wondering if anybody made a rocker for the LA style engines that oils through the pushrods? if so I could use my Eddelbrock heads with the 65cc chambers and drop my comp to around 10.8 with some thick head gaskets.

If you use those heads you will loose all your quench (the reason it was 0 decked) you need some flat top pistons with a dish then you can run the magnums or atleast the closed chamber 360 edelbrocks, but I never seen oil thru shaft adjustable rocker arms for pushrod oiling.

I was wondering the same thing a little while back. Closest I came up with was a kit from summit that changes L/A roskers to SBC rockers. Then you can run adjustable chevy rockers that oil through push rod. Kit was like $150. Im thinking you could also run a set of PRWs. The adjuster has a oil hole coming up into it about half way and then shoots over to the shaft and then there is another oil hole that comes out of the rocker roller side so oil could run down to the roller tip as well as valve stem. I don't see why the PRWs wouldn't work through push rod oiling. If noone has pics of any I have a set I could dig out and shoot you a pic of them in a day or so. I was going to try the PRWs w through the push rod oiling but my 97 mag block was drilled so all I had to do was change the cam bearings to LA style bearings go w a LA cam and then LA shaft mounted oiling is back in business.

-
Back