Does anyone make a car cover that is truly waterproof..????

-

Reddartowner

UCF Alumni....Go Knights!
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. My latest purchase failure is a Budge "Rainbarrier" cover that is/was warranted for 10 years against "defects in materials and workmanship". Apparently that doesn't include the waterproofing. It lasted 3 months in the Florida sun before it started leaking. I've since treated it with Starbrite waterproofer, which seems to work in all but the heaviest downpours. So... is there REALLY a waterproof car cover out there, other than a plastic tarp..?? Since my car sits in the driveway and has a leak somewhere in the rear window which I can't seem to find, a waterproof cover would be really nice......

They all will leak after some time, then you have bigger issues as they don't breath well and the trapped water will really do a number on your paint. Mold on the inside of the cover is also a possiblity.....get your back window fixed

I live in hawaii...intense sun and rain...now I never crawl under the cover in the rain to check but it seems to do a great job. I got the California car cover superweave. Plus the four year warranty is good...replaced it once no questions asked. They just wanted to see pictures. Its light weight hard to imagine it can protect..but I'm really happy with it.

Probably cheaper to get your window fixed.

They'll all leak. And if they truly don't, then they won't breathe either and they'll trap the moisture coming up from the ground (like a tarp) and it'll be worse than not having one.

-
Back