does anyone make viscous fan 65 dart 273 with AC

-

73dart360

Reaction score
My mechanic said i need new viscous fan because its loose ,Do i need a special fan because its an AC car and where can i find one.

They make a few different sizes. I'm guessing your radiator is similar to my 67 and it uses an 18" fan....if I remember right. I know 20 is too big if your using the factory shroud.

Ive got a 18" for sale if youre looking for one.

Jake

If you are using the original 2 piece metal shroud, the largest fan you can use is a 17", and with A/C I would suggest a 6 or 7 bladed fan! The clutch itself can be one right off the shelf, and would directly replace the spacer if there is one in place!

You are corect I just measured, it is 17" fan blade if i could find the right clutch i will reuse the fan blade it is a 6 blade fan with original boxed shroud

If you are using the original 2 piece metal shroud, the largest fan you can use is a 17", and with A/C I would suggest a 6 or 7 bladed fan! The clutch itself can be one right off the shelf, and would directly replace the spacer if there is one in place!
it is a 17" -7 blade fan,I will use the original fan - Would you happen to know which clutch off the shelf?

Last edited:
I have 2 clutches, measure and let me know what size you need.

Jake

This is the one I'm running, and as far as I know, only the length of the stem would make a difference! Pic 1-2 are the unit I'm running, pic 3-4 are one I have on the shelf with a slightly longer shaft! I would take my fan to the parts store and just make sure it is the correct bolt spread!

IMG_3098.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

IMG_3101.JPG

I have 2 clutches, measure and let me know what size you need.

Jake
It is still on the car and i could not figure out how to measure it so I put my hand around it 12 and 6 and tried to keep my fingers in the same place and measured it looks like 6"

It's not just the shaft length -- there are different kinds of fan clutches. We see the two main (functional) types in the photos in this thread. Plain-front clutches are purely centrifugal. The ones with the coil spring on the front are thermostatic; that's the kind you want. More info here.

It's not just the shaft length -- there are different kinds of fan clutches. We see the two main (functional) types in the photos in this thread. Plain-front clutches are purely centirfugal. The ones with the coil spring on the front are thermostatic; that's the kind you want. More info here.

Thank you Sensi, this kid of info is invaluable to everybody!!! Stuff like this should be a sticky or be in the tech section so it can be referenced!!! You have earned the title of most high!!!

Thank you Sensi, this kid of info is invaluable to everybody!!! Stuff like this should be a sticky or be in the tech section so it can be referenced!!! You have earned the title of most high!!!
Dan i orddered 1 from Napa ,i will call tomorrow to make sure it has the coil ,Thanks again.

-
Back