Does Anyone Run Cleavite "M" Micro Bearings ?

-

70rcode

Reaction score
Back in '72,..Cleavite "Micro" was the bearings to run in my area & I ran them in a fast limited street/ some 1/4 mi action 7500 rpm race hemi (68 S/S type tune) for a while with no Noticable abnormal wear (bearings or crank) main & rods & engine ran great ..I only knew enough to follow the gang.... Getting same engine slightly cam detuned for another go at it & wondering if the "M" is ok or is some fundamentally Wrong for Street/Strip & a H or P only preferred ?

Back in '72,..Cleavite "Micro" was the bearings to run in my area & I ran them in a fast limited street/ some 1/4 mi action 7500 rpm race hemi (68 S/S type tune) for a while with no Noticable abnormal wear (bearings or crank) main & rods & engine ran great ..I only knew enough to follow the gang.... Getting same engine slightly cam detuned for another go at it & wondering if the "M" is ok or is some fundamentally Wrong for Street/Strip & a H or P only preferred ?

we ran the babbit race bearings in our hemi , curranlty run the advertised nascar cleavite bearings in the 505 , gottem from summit , I think.

I used to run them and I believe they were recommended by Chrysler for 4spd race race applications. Used the TRW/Speed Pro and the Childs & Albert versions of the babbits. Easier on non-nitrated cranks, they were more tolerant of high shock launches, made of softer material, better embeddability, but shorter life. The auto guys I knew almost always ran the Cleavite 77s with good success.

-
Back