Does power brakes equal disk brakes on a 68 Barracuda?

-

My68FormulaS

Reaction score
I bought a 68 Barracuda formula S-340. It shows that it has power brakes on the fender tag. Does that mean it should have disk brakes, or could it be either disk or drum?

Power drum brakes were available, so I would say, it could have been either. In those days there were still customers who thought disk brakes were "new-fangled" and didn't trust them.

Power brakes was a stand alone option. My guess is that if you don't have a code for discs, your car came with power drums.

Discs were optional even on the Formula S, and a fairly expensive one at that, $72.95.

That's $490.35 in todays money. Just about the only more expensive (non drive-train) option was AC at $334.60 (or $2249.09 today).

The disk brake option would show up on the Fender Tag, right? So if it is not there, then my car did not come with it. Thanks

Just take a quick peek under the front of the car. You should easily be able to tell if there are front rotors or drums.

Thanks, I know that there are drums on the car, but I thought maybe there was another way to check and see if it came from the factory that way.

-
Back