does Stabil work?

-
Too funny, as I'm watching Derek on one of my other screens and now.
Back when these were just old cars. I would run Marvel Mystery Oil few hundred miles, then a change and more Marvel. Would get am engine that had irregular service cleaned up in just those changes.
Back then Billy Crystal was On "Soap" we used to say it's Marvellous
Marvel in the oil and a shot of B-12 or Seafoam in the tank whatever was cheaper

Stabil is junk. Caused carb rebuild. Full tank. Start car every 3-4 weeks till it gets warm Seafoam in at the start. This burns up all the water before it’s a problem. Done this for 20 years. Started out using bottle of alcohol till found seafoam. Gas still brakes Down today more than ever. Last tank use non alcoholic gas from marathon for last tank. Won’t breakdown as fast.

they say gas can go bad in several months? Does Stabil work & if so how much time does it give you? thank you for your time. RR
no .. it’s alcohol . nuff said
Briggs and Stratton make something good , they have a lot of fat in this fire as people make warrantee claims on small engines that won’t start after one winter . Read about big engineering program to get something that works , but running it dry is still the best . I put a tee in gas line , plugged , screw in hose to can run till no gas

Sta-Bil, Seafoam & Star-Tron all good. I've used all of them, what ever is on sale at the time of need. Sandy, My small engine repair girl when I need her recommends Star-Tron. I don' know why. I always thought gasoline shelf life was 1 month, Sandy says 2 weeks. Also, always use Mid-Grade in your small engine equipment. As far as how full you should keep the gas tank full for winter storage, I always filled my tank half way. So between me and the post above some were between half way and full seems right. And, in the spring you can always pour a bottle of dry gas in to immediately remove any moisture. Oh yea, I was once told to never store gas in a steel container. I don't know what the official/technical truth is about that so I'll leave that one alone and not voice my opinion.
PS: I can't wait till the flurries fly.
John 14:6

I've used Stabil in all the fuel run through my 2008 Glastron Holley 2300. I purchased this boat new.
It sits dormant for about 6 months over winter. With full tank of fuel with Stabil.

The float bowl when I first pulled it down in 2015.........

1697393425359.png

The same float bowl in 2021.............
Needed to replace the gasket this time!
1697393563275.png

yes.long story short though,stabil marine works even better. cant recommend it enough

I used the stabil once over the winter, and had to take my carb apart to get it running in the spring ,( cant remember what was in there, was years ago) i am gun shy about it now, still have the 1/2 used portion left, sea foam has been good. In the spring I used to pull the plugs and squirt a bit of fogging oil, trans fluid and seafoam mix in the cylinders, and then crank the engine till i had oil pressure, a couple of times, put the plugs back in and start. a friend talked me out of this so i just let them sit now.....

It works good. You just need to read the label and follow the deestrukshuns.

I realize that there are several other brands on the market, but I can attest to the fact that Sta Bil DOES work well.

Last edited:
For years I've added a Seafoam/Marvel Mystery Oil mix to a full tank in all of my stored vehicles, lawn mowers, chainsaws, etc. and never had an issue. Read up on why Marvel mystery oil was invented.
Plus, it smells good too. :lol:

Never had an issue with Stabil.

Last edited:
-
Back