Dogs & ice cubes

-
My golden retriver loves ice cubes, and if he's outside and I want him to come in, all I have to do is open the freezer door and rattle the ice cube bucket in the door, and he comes a runnin for some. LOL! It's gotten so he expects an ice cube every time he comes in the house now.

I gave an ice cube to mine yesterday and she kept spitting it out. I think the proximity of real food (my bro's sandwich) was the culprit....

My one Lab mix also loves ice. She will even bite off the ice hanging from the dog house in the winter time, love them all to death.

My 9 yr old Golden Rtvr does not like ice cubes... then again she is a retriever and does not like the water... if it's raining all day, she won't eat or drnk just so she won't have to go outside and get wet... took her to the beach and she tried to tip toe the tidal pool after stopping and looking at me as if to say "you ARE going to carry me over that, right?"...... go figure...............

My 9 yr old Golden Rtvr does not like ice cubes... then again she is a retriever and does not like the water... if it's raining all day, she won't eat or drnk just so she won't have to go outside and get wet... took her to the beach and she tried to tip toe the tidal pool after stopping and looking at me as if to say "you ARE going to carry me over that, right?"...... go figure...............
Has she been like that her whole life??

We have a small kiddie pool in the back yard. I take the label off of a frozen water bottle and toss it in. Roo goes nuts trying to get it. ( I don't know how she sees it, it dang near dissapears).

Yeah my pup loves them, except he thinks they're called "green beans". It's a long story but I ran out of those one day and gave him an ice cube instead.

His life changed forever.

Attachments

• 2012-07-14_18-06-49_673.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 74
My Chesapeake loves them. He has figured out how the ice cube dispencer works. Talk about one of the family.

She was just over a year old when she was given to us.... and yep - she has never liked the water...
That is strange. Our one hound hates water. When he is outside with us and sees the wife anywhere near a hose he avoids her at all cost. I was surprised he was out there in the rain with us......

-
Back