DONE! warning originalist dont look :-p...

-

1973dartswinger

Reaction score
well, there never done..but i finally got it home!!!

Heres the dart in its new skin, ima bring it back for scallops and maybe inverse scoops on the hood...

for the last 3 pictures just click them to get them bigger

Thanks for looking,
Mikey

Dude that thing is bitchin! I like what you have done with it. My wife is wanting to go the same route with her wheels but in pink and larger white walls.

Unique and original! Will you use that green anywhere else on the car? Reminds me of the color of salt-water taffy.

Definitely interesting and different! I was just talking with a friend today about stripping the bumpers on my '73 Swinger and painting the bumpers. Now that I see your, I may just go that route. I'm not sure I like your grill, but I may also do something "different" with my grill.

Viva la difference! :cheers:

Looks like fun, I bet you are glad to have it home.
Keep us updated.

Very original. Always nice to see a unique touch. Nice job.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
As for the green I plan to incorporate it into the body by scallops. Some other custom touches i was looking at was impala tail lights out of like a 65' impala and fill in the bumper, not sure though. Right now I'm just looking to get my carb rebuild and rebuild the front end, put it together and get it on the road!
-Mikey

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
As for the green I plan to incorporate it into the body by scallops. Some other custom touches i was looking at was impala tail lights out of like a 65' impala and fill in the bumper, not sure though. Right now I'm just looking to get my carb rebuild and rebuild the front end, put it together and get it on the road!
-Mikey
No offense............. I hate painted bumpers.....

keep on working dude!

Thats definitely going to stand out and get people talking. Cool mods. The bottom line is its YOUR car and its how you want it so I say well done!

What kind of prep did you do to the bumpers before painting them? Did you have the chrome stripped or??

Thanks!

What kind of prep did you do to the bumpers before painting them? Did you have the chrome stripped or??

Thanks!

The guy at the body shop sanded with a DA the chrome on the bumpers and then sprayed them, the car is in epoxy primer.

Also im having a real hard time putting my door handles back on, i cant get the push button to align up right. does anyone have step by step how to get this in right? I was trying for like an hour today!

-
Back