Doner needed.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip, am hoping for something unmolested but I guess we all are.
There was one post like 2 weeks ago and was up on that site for just over a month and he just wanted 600 for it. Too bad you didn't know/ask for one about 3 weeks ago.

There was one post like 2 weeks ago and was up on that site for just over a month and he just wanted 600 for it. Too bad you didn't know/ask for one about 3 weeks ago.
Yeah timings everything. Waited this long ,boy is it going to be worth it.

:walk:Anyone close to Victoria B.C. Canada have a good rebuildable 340/360 in 73-74 range for sale?

I have a disassembled 73 340 I've been thinking of parting with.It's been bored .040 over and fitted with 10:1 pistons at some point with not much visible wear in the cylinders after that so I was just going to re-ring it and put it back together and use it that way.There are .060 over pistons available if you wanted to start fresh and the blocks in those years have nice thick walls so going that route should'nt be problem.

All the main stuff is there,block with caps,crank and dampener,oil pan,windage tray,rods and pistons,heads,etc.
Most of the nuts and bolts would need to be sourced from another smallblock engine as they did'nt come with the engine.

I have a disassembled 73 340 I've been thinking of parting with.It's been bored .040 over and fitted with 10:1 pistons at some point with not much visible wear in the cylinders after that so I was just going to re-ring it and put it back together and use it that way.There are .060 over pistons available if you wanted to start fresh and the blocks in those years have nice thick walls so going that route should'nt be problem.

All the main stuff is there,block with caps,crank and dampener,oil pan,windage tray,rods and pistons,heads,etc.
Most of the nuts and bolts would need to be sourced from another smallblock engine as they did'nt come with the engine.
Is this a complete 340 with heads? How much you thinking? Got any casting #'s?

Is this a complete 340 with heads? How much you thinking? Got any casting #'s?

PM sent.
Here's a couple pics of the block casting #'s and the 340 crank dampener.

Attachments

• DSCF0064 (Medium).jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0070 (Medium).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF0047 (Medium).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back