Don't do this to your children

-
When we moved my mom to a nursing home we cleared her 3500 sq Ft house out.
She had been hoarding for 50 yrs. There were trails you had to take to go through the house. Everything was collectible. She even had her bed covered with stuff, and slept on the floor. We had a profesional do an estate sale. After taking his cut and all the kids taking what They wanted, the final tally was $135,000

My inlaws made some extra cash by clearing out homes of people that had passed. Usually auction everything on the spot and often they would resell some stuff at antique shows. Generally speaking, things went for pennies on the dollar, but the stuff was gone and everyone was happy.

They called me when they found a '54 Mercury in a garage. It surprised me how much that it went for.

I blame it on the thrift stores(it's like stealing from the unstable), give it back to them so they can sell it to another elderly person.

My fathers house right next door to my oldest sister. She would drop him off at the thrift store while she went shopping.

View attachment 1715898095
View attachment 1715898096
View attachment 1715898097

That is probably harder to deal with than straight junk because it is a bunch of stuff with a little value in stead of just trash to be chucked.

This is similar to what my inlaw's garage and closets were like:
hoard2.22+040web.jpg

Junk mixed with trash mixed with cat turds. At some point their clothes dryer lint trap disintegrated and since they never hooked up a vent hose to begin with the rafters and junk piles were covered in inches of lint. How they didn't have a house fire is a complete mystery.

-
Back