Don't try this but in case you wanted to know

-

trapster

Reaction score
50 Mph is the speed at which my 64 dart convertible top opens by itself if it isn't latched down.

:eek:ops:

Fortunately nothing was damaged, but I did need to change my drawers :)

I forgot to put the hood pins back in once on my old Ranger I had......hood stayed shut to about 35 or so.....Glad nothing got hurt.

Been there and done that with a 68 GS400 convertible. J hooks fell out at about 130. lost the top and frame from the first pivot point forward. Scared the hell out of the kid driving the mustang behind me.

That happened to me when I bought the dart and was driving it home, 240 miles,got on I-5 south got up to 60 and up it started fortunately the J hooks held. That could have been interesting!!!

Moe

50 Mph is the speed at which my 64 dart convertible top opens by itself if it isn't latched down.

:eek:ops:

Fortunately nothing was damaged, but I did need to change my drawers :)

A Depends moment.

I bought a non-running pick up a while back that had a cap and a drop in bed liner on it. When I went to look at it I checked the cap to make sure it had some kind of clamps holding it down. Between then and when we went to get it the seller removed the clamps and did not bother telling me. We got home with it and the wife looked at me with that baffled look and asked "There was a cap there when we left, correct?".....

Nobody clipped the hood pins on my brother's AAR Cuda and we all jumped in for a ride (he wasn't planning on it). The hood lifted off around 40 - 45 MPH and ripped right off of the hood hinges.

The old hood had the typical "bow" to it and needed to be replaced eventually. Because of this, sooner than later....

I found a 64 Barracuda in a barn and purchased it from the owner. There were 2 tires on it that would hold air so we put them on the front of the car and I towed the car backwards on one of those dollies you can rent from Uhaul. Well I put the tire on one side and the owner did the other side.
Apparently he did not tighten the lug nuts and the wheel passed me on the road on the way home. Fortunately not much damage was done and the wheel did not hit anything.

So your vert had the "Speed Specific Drop The Top" option ???

You are lucky..my MG did not have a top....or a heater...or bumpers, etc.

i had the wheel come off Dads 57 ford with the whole family in the car! it bounced over on-coming traffic right tward a Glass building! it hit a 6" wide section of block between the glass panels! some how it missed the fender and no damage to the car. the lug nuts where still in the cap when i walked to get the tire.....seems Pa put them on with the impact but didn't want them too tight....now he torques all the lugnuts like me....

I bought a non-running pick up a while back that had a cap and a drop in bed liner on it. When I went to look at it I checked the cap to make sure it had some kind of clamps holding it down. Between then and when we went to get it the seller removed the clamps and did not bother telling me. We got home with it and the wife looked at me with that baffled look and asked "There was a cap there when we left, correct?".....
Back in 1995,I bought a 1993 Nissan Truck and this guy at work really wanted the tonneau cover in the back of the truck.I told $100.00 and he bought it,took the clamps off the metal slide rails and back to work I went.
After work,I hopped on the freeway and was going 70 mph and I see this new corvette in my rear view come up to fast.The next time I glance and only see black,look again and I see my bed liner air borne and coming down on that vette.The wind caught it on time and blew it into the median.
I u-turned next exit and went and retrieve my bedliner and went home side roads at 35 mph,bought clamps next day.
Same truck,a week later,spilled gas when filling up and got red shop rag to clean my hands and threw it in the bed.I threw a cigarette out the window and into the bed it went.FIRE FIRE.
Melted that bedliner up against the bed...
So do not feel stupid,there is always someone stupid ER..

-
Back