Door alignment

-

Guillermo Vega

Reaction score
hello I have my 70 dart swinger and I can’t get the door to be aligned with quitar pannel sticks out a bit on both sides I’ve tried adjusting the striker but no luck

FDF653C2-698B-4846-B635-5AF824E6B7CF.jpeg

B8CBC658-1BFC-4AE0-84C5-C07D213D009F.jpeg

A little more information would be helpful. First, when the door is closed, is the front lip of the door even with the fender? If so, yo have won half the battle. Does the whole rear door lip stick out a bit? If so (and assuming the hinges are OK and the front lip of the door aligns with the fender), the only thing I can think of that would pull the rear lip of the door in a bit is adjusting the striker. Think about it; moving the hinges in or out 1/8 of an inch will not affect the alignment of the door latch to the striker. Are you sure you have the correct latches and strikers?

QUOTE]
Well I’ll be checking this out tomorrow the door is aligned to the fender really good but I’ll check thanks

Try removing the striker pin completely and check how it fits. Once you are happy with that then you can reinstall and work from there. If your hinge pins are in good shape then it will swing in and line up great without the pin in place.

Try removing the striker pin completely and check how it fits. Once you are happy with that then you can reinstall and work from there. If your hinge pins are in good shape then it will swing in and line up great without the pin in place.
Exactly what i was thinking. Nice paint,but door alignment should have been done before paint in case striker plate needed modification. Sometimes loosening striker floppy loose and re-tightening will bring it in further.

-
Back