Door glass help .

-

BIG DOG

Reaction score
I have asked this before but I kinda need a for sure answer if someone has it. Will a glass out of a 74 swinger door no vent window fit in a 70-71 duster door? I know the doors are the same and will bolt on but I need to know if I can take the glass out of my door and put them in the duster doors without too much trouble?
Thanks!

no way to be certain unless you try it, seems you may need the duster mechanisims for duster glass and dart mechanisims for dart glass??

hollander says no!!
a swinger is very similar to the 67-69 dart
a duster is similar to a dart sport

door is 2412 interchange is between A & B less glass-- so yeas the door will work the glass will not
74 swinger door glass #3835
70-71 duster #3546

it says only 70-72 &71-72 demon glass fits

now in my experience with 69 darts-- the glass from 73-up cars might work--- could be a simple as the amount of holes in the glass & how the stops work
I should have glass from a 73 dart sport this weekend-- if nothing else swap the guts with the glass.
Lawrence

I have asked this before but I kinda need a for sure answer if someone has it. Will a glass out of a 74 swinger door no vent window fit in a 70-71 duster door? I know the doors are the same and will bolt on but I need to know if I can take the glass out of my door and put them in the duster doors without too much trouble?
Thanks!

Duster glass is curved and a door glass from a swinger (flater) will not work.

It may be possible but I think it would be way to much trouble. Regulators and tracks are way different between them two years and the way the glass mounts to it is way different too.

Then like has been said even if you did all that trouble the glass is curved different so when you close the door the glass will not have a good seal. Changing out the upper track and weatherstripping to the year glass may fix that. Though I am not so sure about that in this case due to Swingers and Dusters having different roof lines.

no way to be certain unless you try it, seems you may need the duster mechanisims for duster glass and dart mechanisims for dart glass??

Yes Waggin that is what I think I was kinda hoping that there was a way to just put a swinger glass in the track for the glass and use all the duster mechanisms. I think some of you missed what I'm asking. I have the a scamp /swinger style doors for a 74 and can get a good deal on a set of duster doors but if I can't get the glass to fit it kinda doesn't matter. I was thinking they might be the same as neither one has the vent window and they both go up into the roof.My roof weather stripping and upper track will be the same the only thing I really want to change in my setup is add duster doors.I know the glass is curved in a duster and more square in a dart/scamp or do you mean curved as in looking down the side of it and curving up to the roof?
Oh and Lawrence if there isn't enough holes you can't fix that ! I tried to drill a hole in a side glass once along time ago seemed to be working I walked away for a second when I came back I had a pile of glass nibblets ! LOL!
Thanks!

Does someone have one of each of these doors that they could look at? I have one of each but they are both 74 model.
Thanks!

you want to transfer your glass to a different door? that would work-- it says door transfer minus glass

-
Back