door glass strip

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
not sure what to call them, but the front door glass on hardtop, the chrome strips that insulate between the end of door glass and quarter window, they need to be glued back. what is good to use.? the black windshield glue that is used on cars that did not use the gasket, a tube of that is stupid high. that only thing that comes to mind.

They are supposed to be held on by a felt ish type material, that goes in the u of the metal strip and then slid over the glass, wedging the metal strip on the glass.

i got a pair out of buddys parts car, ( or should say he got them out) broke one window doing it), not really any felt left in there to speak if. I have other cars that they just fall off of the glass. I have another car that is missinhg both unless I find them down I the door! LOL

I figure other people have some similar problem with it. if anyone has a solution please let me know! LOL

I can cut piece of innertube and try that but seems like some sort of glue would maybe be needed?

Have a look at 3M Scotch 2228 available at home depot in the electrical section.

I used it for installing the vent glass into the base channel. My plastic piece was toast on one side. You can stretch it if needed to get it thinner. Trim with a razor.

-
Back