Door glass

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 73/74 Dart door window work in let's say a 71 Duster door? :scratch:

I have an idea to do something with this idea if it will work,no it's not for my Duster! :twisted:

Think they're both the same door shell and mechanisms, just the glass is shaped diffeerently at the top. Check the measurements on the mounting holes in the glass.

No, it won't. I was looking up info on Dusters a couple weeks ago and ran across this article http://www.valiant.org/duster.html

Neil Walling recalled that it had to be done quickly. He dropped everything else, and within a couple days had what turned out to be the basis for what was to become the “Duster”.

What set the entire design sketch off was the slope back rear, wide bustle like rear fenders, metal crease lines that fit perfectly with the Valiant that fell off dramatically above and below the full open rear wheel well, along with the almost tiny, “postage stamp” roof. The fit of the small roof did make the car, especially in the sweep of the large “C” pillars. Yet, with all good things, Within that design, came the largest bugaboo. It called for really curved side glass in the door windows. [author’s note: I recall very clearly just how curved those windows were, when in the winter or when raining, opening the window meant a soaked shoulder!]

In 1957, working closely with Pittsburgh Plate Glass (PPG), Chrysler managed to scoop the industry with the introduction of 90 inch radius curved side glass on the Imperial. Ten years later, 90 inch radius curved side glass was made a part of the 1967 model Valiant and Dart. Relatively speaking then, no design improvements had been made since 1957. What Mr. Walling proposed in the yet unnamed car was even tighter curved glass. Mr. Walling wanted to double the radius to 45 inches! True, it made the design work, but stood to become an engineering nightmare. You must recall that this heavy curved glass window had to fit within the existing Valiant door!

Whatever it was, Mr. Worthy did it! He made the 45 inch curved glass work inside those 90 inch curved glass designed doors! And inside a couple days! Singularly, and beyond all doubt, without this, the car would never have been.

i dont know everything for sure but i am realy sure glass from -75 duster does not fit in a -73 duster door or it fits the door but the window mechanism is realy wrong...

I'm not sure what you had in mind, but the Dart hardtop has a vent window and the Duster does not. Besides this, the Dart Sport/Demon/Duster had the same shape glass, but the window crank mechanism changed from 72-73. The later years are a lot different and even some of those years have different mounting locations for the door hardware. The power window kits available out there on the aftermarket are designed for the 73-up doors.(In case anyone cared).

-
Back