Door handles ... again

-

65-440

Reaction score
Alright, returning the handles I bought back to Dale's cuda shop due to fitment issues. Where have you guys bought outside handles from and had no issues with the fitment and function ? These work perfectly just don't fit flush with the door .....

20191202_182703.jpg

Really- I assume you tightened them carefully. Got mine from parts mix on e-bay - really nice

Really- I assume you tightened them carefully. Got mine from parts mix on e-bay - really nice
Oh yeah, it's only 2 nuts ! These are nice, I'd like to keep them but I don't like the gap. Both doors too. Put the factory ones back up to the door and they fit flush.

I had my originals re-chromed so I know they’ll fit right.
I considered that but something's tweaked in my passenger handle, it won't push the rod all the way down to open the latch. Can't see anything physically wrong with it, new one works perfect

Chalk or clay under the new handle, bolt it up. See where the problem is and remove the issue?

Try swapping the pieces I mentioned in your other thread like I did. Worth a shot??
I took all of the guts out of the new handle, put it on the door and it's still not right. I'll put it on up to the door today with no gaskets and see if I'm able to see what's preventing it from fitting right. If I can see something obvious I might just file off some material instead of dealing with the return and ordering new pieces.

Got mine from Layson's. They fit fine. Put them on 2 days ago.

20191205_205254.jpg

-
Back