door latch rod sheathing

-

bmaudlin

Reaction score
Any body know where you can pick up some of the cloth style sheathing that acts as an anti-rattle on the inside door latch rods? Thanks, Ben.

Attachments

• 11-07-12b 001.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 172
If your not concerned with being factory correct i just used some rubber vacume line over mine. worked great. ran it under water in the sink and slid it on.

I used the plastic expandable loom that I put over my wire when I rewired my tail lights. It fit perfectly. I couldn't find the cloth loom so I went to the plastic loom.
here's a link to what it looks like, I seem to remember that I ordered it from another company though. or ebay can't remember
http://www.delcity.net/store/Expandable-Sleeving/p_278

View attachment 1714558920
Thanks for the information......found quite a bit of the 'expandable sleeving' on
EBay. Looks like it will work just fine, not only on the latch rods, but on some areas of wiring that I need similar sheathing. Thanks, Ben.

You can also readily pick up Vintage cloth covered wiring. To me the Cloth seems almost identical to the sheathing on the rods. My son restores old lamps and radios so that's how I "discovered" the similarity. All the above ideas sound great too.

Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. Found some expandable sleeving on EBay for wiring and other uses for about 4.00 dollars for a piece of 25 ft. This should work well on the latch rods as well as the rear section of the wiring that 'wanders' through the trunk! Ben.

-
Back