Door Look Plastic Inserts

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody else have trouble with those plastic inserts around the door lock knobs breaking? Are there better alternatives? I tried some ss ones from a different year but they were to small and wouldn't fit in the hole very well.

I'm the only person here that has trouble with these???

I had an issue with mine cracking due to cold and hot temps. I bought a nre set from E Bay and pressed the clips tight. This was about 5 yrs ago and they have been fine.

I had an issue with mine cracking due to cold and hot temps. I bought a nre set from E Bay and pressed the clips tight. This was about 5 yrs ago and they have been fine.

(nre?) brand? I don't understand.

Mine are broken too. I saw some on ebay that came with some knockoff knobs, but they didn't look right (but would be functional assuming they can be made to fit). If I can't find anything better I'll eventually have to just go with those.

Jeff, sorry I missed your PM. The inbox is cleared a bit so please send it again. Not sure if I have what you're looking for (probably not) but it's worth a shot. :-D

suscribed---- I know exactly what your talking about. I'm no where near that part of re-assembly-- so i'll be watching the solution ,Lawrence

ps: I saved numerous chrome rings from some of the cars I scrappped-- none close

-
Back