Door moisture barrier

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
What do you all think about using the spray rubber for the door panels, in place of the plastic sheets for moisture protection? Would it work? I think it would make a decent sound deadener, also.

Thanks

No. The plastic moisture barrier not only protects the door panel but it funnels the water back into the door where it drains at the bottom of the door.

I guess as long as it does not negatively effect the door panel backing it could work fine. What about a good seal to the door frame? The plastic sheeting if done correctly is sealed tightly to the frame short of the desired openings for the handle etc.

I used the original plastic and dum/dum approach in the back as it conforms to the body and feel it is the best seal.

Oddly the front is only spray tacked around the door frame. Both are taped with a paper type black masking tape and the bottom edge of the plastic is folded up to the inside.

4589B1E0-39AF-4207-9D1E-BFDEEF2AA69C.jpeg

F1D31829-3E6B-4766-89A2-2B77E6D81D7B.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess as long as it does not negatively effect the door panel backing it could work fine. What about a good seal to the door frame? The plastic sheeting if done correctly is sealed tightly to the frame short of the desired openings for the handle etc.

I used the original plastic and dum/dum approach in the back as it conforms to the body and feel it is the best seal.

Oddly the front is only spray tacked around the door frame. Both are taped with with a paper type black masking tape and the bottom edge of the plastic is folded up to the inside.

View attachment 1715240429

View attachment 1715240439
No. The plastic moisture barrier not only protects the door panel but it funnels the water back into the door where it drains at the bottom of the door.
Thanks for the replies. I thought it was a good idea, but I can see your point

-
Back