Door Panel opinions needed

-
Speaking of fumes. Not bad once it's settled on the surface, but avoid breathing the mist when you spray the wine. Also, not a flesh eater. But recommend gloving up when using it. Will strip all oil from your skin if n it more than a couple minutes. Spray n give it a couple minutes soak and a quick scrubb. aNeed to remove it. I prefer to actually rinse, but could wipe down good with clean water.

The hand cleaner might give you dish pan hands eventually, by otherwise harmless to skin. It will remove paint, epoxy, bondo... Pretty much anything from a surface and not harm it. Abrasive in it s walnut shell. Doesn't take much to clean. just add enough water to keep it wet. Clean off residual with water.

If neither of those get it clean, I would say it's not going to happen. Broadway and BAPS both carry SEM Color Coat

Well I tried the different cleaners and soaps with abrasives, No luck. the dark stain is just to visible for me so Im going to spray the panels. Spent the night preparing and taping the panels for painting. Here are pics of where im at. Im going to use the same color vinyl paint but use 2 different gloss levels of thinners to try and get the slight difference in color as was from the factory. Here are tonights pics including the vinyl paint can and prep spray.
DSCN0877.JPG
DSCN0878.JPG
DSCN0879.JPG
Will be spraying one night this week. Pics to come!!
Rod

I like the green as well!
Tried the soap you dropped off and just didnt cut anymore then I already was at. Tried some different cleaners i had here but nothing worked. Im stopping at broadway tomorrow to get a different gloss for the taped up area. should give just a little gloss difference. Going to be another new experience! I know where there is a set of white door panels and I might even go with them if the price would be affordable.
Rod

I like the green as well!
Tried the soap you dropped off and just didnt cut anymore then I already was at. Tried some different cleaners i had here but nothing worked. Im stopping at broadway tomorrow to get a different gloss for the taped up area. should give just a little gloss difference. Going to be another new experience! I know where there is a set of white door panels and I might even go with them if the price would be affordable.
Rod
Then they are as clean as they can get. Which is good, should not have any oils or anything else bleeding back through paint. But yeh if you want to go to white, sooner or later you will scratch or wear through to the red, So White panels to start would be best. As long as you get others at good price. Of course short of a near perfect set of originals the next best would be have them made with new upholstery.Since your car is customized, they wouldn't have to be original looking anyway.

Well I sprayed the panels, console, arm rests, and heating vents last night. First that paint is damn expensive! Its Dupont @$107 a pint!! The vinyl cleaner for that paint was $101 per gallon. I used about a pint of cleaner but used all 2 pints of paint. Expensive night. Probably li y could have gotten s ok me $7 rattle cans but wanted to have correct color so I bit the bullet!
I used low gloss and medium gloss on panels and I'm very happy. Now I just hope it holds up for years. Here's some pics
20181017_071239.jpg
20181017_071418.jpg
20181017_071624.jpg

I will be painting the chrome trim on door panels white to match the white on car since the chrome tape has peeled.
Rod

20181016_201132.jpg

-
Back