Door & roof rail weatherstrips, best/worst brands?

-

gdonovan

Reaction score
Best and worst guys? I did a quick forum search and came up empty.

Legendary is out of stock at the moment so I have to buy from another vendor.

Soft Seal? Jacks? Dantes?

Let me know..

Are we talking brands or are we talking vendors? From your list of vendors, I recommend Dante. He's one of the little guys out there and I like to throw my $ at them vs Year One, the Paddock, etc. From the brand/mnfr side, you can't go wrong with Soft Seal, Steele, etc. There's a guy in the San Jose, CA named Ed Bethel (The Goat Farm) that has weatherstripping for all makes of cars and offers some pretty good deals. You may also want to check out the following site: http://www.justmopar.com/store.php

Ordered the door weatherstrip kit from JustMopars, seems like a nice guy.

I'll let everyone know what they are like when they come in.

That's very odd - I just ordered door seals from Justmopars only yesterday. Same nice guy told me he represents (and is the "road guy" for all the major shows for parts vendors) for Metro Molded Parts.

I will say that I did have problems with some roof rail seals a few years ago for my son's '74 Dart Sport. I couldn't use them because of what I can only describe as a molding error. I wound up re-using the old seals and tossed the brand new ones in a storage container. I need to dig them back out and get the brand name and a few pictures of the problem so you guys can see what the problem was.

Jerry

The gaskets are Metro parts and the service was outstanding.

the metro stuff seems to be nice. im not a fan of the soffseal.

-
Back