Door sill plates

-

1973Swinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got started on my Swinger and finished up doing the door jambs last night. What I need though is a pair of door sill plates. Mine were so bent and boogered up, I would never get them looking decent again. My car is nowhere near a show car, but Id still like a pair that look nice. Do any of you guys have some nice straight ones that youd like to part with? Thanks!

Hey guys, I finally got started on my Swinger and finished up doing the door jambs last night. What I need though is a pair of door sill plates. Mine were so bent and boogered up, I would never get them looking decent again. My car is nowhere near a show car, but Id still like a pair that look nice. Do any of you guys have some nice straight ones that youd like to part with? Thanks!

I have a set thats decent....Im in NY also!

I've seen some "generic" sill plates on evilBay on occasion
generic meaning they look to be stamped in the same shape as originals but are just smooth (brushed look) with no holes. Think they were made of Stainless. I want to say they were like $35 for 2 door models

If you want some excellent repo's then splurge for the ones you can get from Layson's, the paddock, Year One, etc. They are not cheap (~$35 when I bought mine in person at Layson's) but they look great on a restored car. I just installed mine yesterday.

driver side sill after custom fitting.jpg

If your not concerned with originality, then go for the nock-offs which will cost a fraction.

The ones from Year One are $75 a pair, no thanks. I think Im gonna go with the used ones from Suregrip! :D

-
Back