Door sticks

-

mosleyme

Reaction score
Passenger side door sticks. Closes easy enough, but if you are trying to open it from the outside you can't. From the inside you have to give it a little smack to get it loose. The driver's side is easy as can be, just click and pull open, no drama. I checked the location of the striker - everything looks the same one side to the other. Car has been this way since I bought it 28 years ago. Now it has a new striker, new latch, and etcetera. Even the sheet metal behind the striker is new. Still the same as before! Any ideas?

There's a small hole/opening on the rear of the door that you can use an allen wrench for latch adjustment...

Pretty sure "I think"...Don't quote me though :)

There's a small hole/opening on the rear of the door that you can use an allen wrench for latch adjustment...

Thank you VERY much! That did the trick!

Attachments

• DSC08181.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 342

Awesome to hear & happy to help!! You should have asked 28 years ago. Oh wait, we weren't here yet LOL

Thanks for posting back that it worked :D

Awesome to hear & happy to help!! You should have asked 28 years ago. Oh wait, we weren't here yet LOL

Thanks for posting back that it worked :D

I always had to open the door for the ladies... and they thought I was just being old fashioned.

Exactly what does that adjustment ( with Allen screw in door ) do and what is the procedure?
Yote

Exactly what does that adjustment ( with Allen screw in door ) do and what is the procedure?
Yote

Yes, please answer this...so when I hang new painted doors....you know, what to look for NOT to happen!

Thanks

Yote

The arm with the ball stud that attaches to the linkage arm that comes down from the door handle push button is held in place by that Allen head screw. There is a slot. When you loosen the screw it allows you to slide the arm up or down relative to the linkage. I loosened the screw and moved the arm until the ball stud aligned perfectly with the hole in the linkage. I then tightened the screw and reattached the linkage with the retaining clip. Picture below shows the screw (driver's side latch) removed so the slot is visible.

Attachments

• DSC08216.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 236
Picture of the linkage rod (passenger side)

Attachments

• DSC08182.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 228
ahhh...the details to "watch" for when reassembling a completely disassembled car!

Never knew that it should go on the tips and tricks thread!

-
Back