Door/Trunk lock differences between years?

-

swinger74

Reaction score
Hello, my dart is a bit of a hodgepodge my doors & trunk are from a 70 and my steering column is a 72. Im looking at lock sets and i am wondering if there is a difference between the years for the Doors/Trunk or if a set from a 72 & up would work?

Thanks
Ryan

Not sure about the A-bodies , but on the B-bodies the trunk holes for the '73-up are larger than the '72-down . I used a lock set from my '71 R/T in my '73 , and the trunk lock would shift clockwise sometimes if you put moderate pressure on the key to open the trunk . Not sure if A's have the same thing going on too . Never tried .

Hello, my dart is a bit of a hodgepodge my doors & trunk are from a 70 and my steering column is a 72. Im looking at lock sets and i am wondering if there is a difference between the years for the Doors/Trunk or if a set from a 72 & up would work?

Thanks
Ryan

If you have the locks might see if locksmith can key them so they all match instead of trying to find another set of locks, believe the blanks are all the same.

On cop cars the they only use one key for everything.

i dont have the door locks, never came with the doors. i see kits for 71 down and 72 up but i only know of the difference of the ignition switch

Not sure about the A-bodies , but on the B-bodies the trunk holes for the '73-up are larger than the '72-down . I used a lock set from my '71 R/T in my '73 , and the trunk lock would shift clockwise sometimes if you put moderate pressure on the key to open the trunk . Not sure if A's have the same thing going on too . Never tried .
tis is true for a body trunk lids too

-
Back