door whiskers before or after window install?

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Putting my door back together. Bought new door window wiskers weatherstrip. Snaps into square slotted holes. Do I install this before I slide the glass back in? Seems after the glass is in they may be very hard to install. These things don't come out without destroying them?? I don't want to be wrong here? Anybody done these??

I like to put them in before the glass install. You have a lot more room.

I just bought some for my 63 Dart convertible and the window glass is in place. I was surprised at how easy it was to both remove the old ones with the glass in and to install the new ones with the glass still in place.
You mileage may vary but it seemed to me like the glass helped guide the whiskers into place.
Good Luck.

I installed them in my Demon with glass in place. Was not easy, but with a lot of patience and some scratches it worked. I believe it would have been a LOT easier to do with the glass out.
Yote

I installed them in my Demon with glass in place. Was not easy, but with a lot of patience and some scratches it worked. I believe it would have been a LOT easier to do with the glass out.
Yote
Hey Thanks guys. I think I will do it with the glass out. I was kinda thinking that but wanted to check with the pros so I didn't paint myself into a corner.

If you think its hard to install them with the windows in, wait until you install the window with the window wiskers on. Not fun. I always install the windows first. That's just me

If you think its hard to install them with the windows in, wait until you install the window with the window wiskers on. Not fun. I always install the windows first. That's just me

In a B body the glass metal bracket won't clear the gap with the wiskers in.
The one I've done anyway.

oh I guess I should add I only did the rear 1/4 windows, perhaps the door ones will be truly a pain. Gosh I hope not!
Good Luck!

-
Back