Door Windlace

-

oldguy

Reaction score
I used the search but got nothing. I need some suppliers for windlace for my 63 Dart. I know I saw some info on here but couldn't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks. Mike

Not to sound too dumb....... but what is windlace?

Try Deutchmann Automotive in Bowling Green, Oh (419)352-7894. He has all of that kind of stuff for the early A's, and always $5.00-10.00 cheaper than anyone else. Just ask for Jeff. Cuda67bnl, windlace was used on the earlier A body cars. It fits over the pinch weld that goes around the door frame on the body. On the inside it is a woven cloth around the metal channel that snaps on the pinch, and on the outside it is the rubber seal that the door closes against. You bein' of the 67 persuasion, your car is 1 year too new to have it, your car has the seal mounted to the door. Have fun all, Geof

There are some on Ebay right now. About $100 a set with a choice of colors. Thinking about getting them for my 63 but I need two sets for my 4 door so it gets a little expensive. I'll check out the Bowling Green source too since they are about 60 miles away from me. Thanks for that tip!!

I used stuff I got from JC Whitney on my 66. It was a combination of windlace and gasket. Only color was black.

Try this link...If it doesn't take you to the page where the compact windlace is ...go to page 98 in the pdf file. I'm 99% sure this is what I ordered for my Duster after I ordered a set from Jim's Auto for $40. I ordered 10 feet of it just to see..thought what the hell ...if it's not the same I can always find some other use for it. It looks exactly the same and a whole lot cheaper. It's $1.25 a foot here versus $10 a foot from Jim's and I think alot less than Year One. Besides that this place has a whole bunch of stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/2007 catalog pdf/2007 Catalog PDF.pdf

Okay guys. Ordered the windlace from restoration specialties. Also ordered a new carpet and a trunk seal from JCWhitney. Will let everybody know how everything turns out. Thanks again for all the suggestions. Mike

-
Back