Door Wing Vent weather-stripping/channel seal

-

cvraider73

Fish Lover
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
vent2.jpg
Need help on side wing vent. Installed the Weather stripping but the bottom channel needs some sort of seal to hold it in place. The body shop doing the work changed ownership and the person who did the demo no longer works there and the new guys are not familiar with what should be used to replace it. I attached a picture to reference what I am talking about.

I think it's called sealing or setting tape? I have nice vent window seals for sale if you are looking.

You talking the glass going into the holder base that swivels. Glass setting tape (Chromseal), that you should be able to get from a local glass shop that does mirrors or tempered glass sliders. I used the 60thou doing mine.
beerestoration2019 2609.JPG
beerestoration2019 2710.JPG
beerestoration2019 2711.JPG
beerestoration2019 2712.JPG
beerestoration2019 2713.JPG
beerestoration2019 2714.JPG
beerestoration2019 2715.JPG
beerestoration2019 2716.JPG
beerestoration2019 2717.JPG

I do!
Need two of them for a 1964 Plymouth Barracuda. :)

Do you have a online place where I can purchase them?

Thanks,

Terry

That chromseal looks like it might do the trick as well. Will check with the body shop tech and see if he is familiar with it.

That chromseal looks like it might do the trick as well. Will check with the body shop tech and see if he is familiar with it.
I wouldn't care if he's familiar with it, that's how it's done. Same as the stainless trim strips on the rear edge of hardtop glass, but there you use .025 or .032 tape.

-
Back