dorman slip joint steering couper

-

EVILROADGLIDE

Reaction score
does any one know if the dorman part# 425-252 steering coupler fit on a manual steering box or are the splines different. They list them to fit dodge
trucks 73-80's with power steering they sell for around 45 dollars alot cheaper
than what they ask for couplers on ebay.

The splined shaft diameter is larger on a manual box.

thanks but i know that the manual box has a larger input shaft i just wanted to know if that part would be a copy of the oem part with out the high price i can't find any specs on the dorman site or on advance auto's site and if th
url
ey had in stock i could take look at it but its an order item.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 463
does any one know if the dorman part# 425-252 steering coupler fit on a manual steering box or are the splines different. They list them to fit dodge
trucks 73-80's with power steering they sell for around 45 dollars alot cheaper
than what they ask for couplers on ebay.

You asked if it would fit a manual box.
That part is for a power steering box, it will not fit a manual box. The manual box input shaft is a larger diameter than the power steering box input shaft.

Yes it will fit. the 60's-early 80's car manual steering box runs the same size spline as the 70's-80's pickup truck power steering box. both are 3/4" X 36 spline.

thanks guy's that's what i needed to know so i can just order it and save some $$ the price for a manual coupler on ebay is just crazy!

went to advance auto parts picked up coupler and rebuild kit 49.99
for coupler and 7.99 for rebuild kit and it fits! thanks for the reply.:D

Yes it will fit. the 60's-early 80's car manual steering box runs the same size spline as the 70's-80's pickup truck power steering box. both are 3/4" X 36 spline.

Thats good to know.:D
I wonder why the change, or why did they make them different in the first place...

:wack:that's messed up because dorman can make a few extra bucks with it, all they have to do is change the the year and application stats! let's keep it on this forum or then they would be asking 120.00 for the coupler and 49.99
for the rebuild kit!

nope! I didn't have to lengthen the shaft at all. the shaft in my column pulled out perfectly. no need to buy the expensive coupler from firm feel or flaming river. power steering column to manual steering box without a problem!!

-
Back