doug or tti headers

-

cudaman67

Reaction score
I'm looking to put either tti or doug headers on my 67 cuda.Anybody know which ones will be the better to install. 74 dart k frame ps and the tremic five spd are in it. I have the super comps on my ta 340 which in my opinion the flanges aren't thick enough.

If you do a search on the board and you will find several answers.

I personally have TTI's but I have not used Dougs. I bought TTI's because my "mopar mentor" has used them several times with excellent results.

Good luck. This thread could get ugly!:-D

Biggest issue is clutch linkage. If you are running a hydraulic, then that's a plus.

I've run both and would run Dougs everytime. Plus Dougs are about $200 less than a comprable set of tti headers.

No hydraulic clutch yet. So you think the linkage will be an issue with both sets?

Just checked the price to change over is 700.00 not going to happen in the near future. which one the least work to install.

Just checked the price to change over is 700.00 not going to happen in the near future. which one the least work to install.

There not cheep. The Dougs will be a little less. They will both fit the same. I got a set of TTI's but if I had it to do over again I would of got the Dougs and saved a few bucks.

I had no idea that the Doug's headers were any good, so I got TTI's. The Z bar fit, but the trans arm had to be heated and bent about 1/2". Then the threaded adjuster rod got bent a little too. Now it fits and works fine.

-
Back