doug thorley headers

-
So Dougs headers just got back to me today.. they are for a for a 5.7 only and they have no 6.1 headers? so it looks like im stuck spending lots of cash on TTI ...

So Dougs headers just got back to me today.. they are for a for a 5.7 only and they have no 6.1 hello aders? so it looks like im stuck spending lots of cash on TTI ...
Damn that sticks.. Wonder if the headers themselves are the same and just the mounting flange is different for the DShaoe. Would be easy for them to just cut out a new flange.. TTI is just way over priced

so they got back to me . They only are for 5.7 applications . they do not have them for a 6.1

New member here, I have the Doug's D4477 Hemi swap headers. They have the "D" shape. I also have a set of hooker 5020-1HKR headers which have the square shape.

I can posts pictures if anyone wants.

New member here, I have the Doug's D4477 Hemi swap headers. They have the "D" shape. I also have a set of hooker 5020-1HKR headers which have the square shape.

I can posts pictures if anyone wants.

I wish they would have made them to fit A Bodies too.
Give TTI some competition.
Looks like they should fit the eagle heads.

Looks like the d4477's would be fine for a 6.1 or Eagle alike. Pretty sure they share identical port size and pattern.

so I take it your a retailer?

I got in touch with Dougs Headers . they said 5.7 only . Interesting.

I take it you have installed them on a 6.1 in an ebody ?

Going by those pictures, the ports on the Doug's headers would fit a 6.1 or Eagle 5.7 Leave it to your typical customer service phone rep to not know what the hell they're talking about.

They have good customer service. I had a mishap with a part number of theirs on a late model chevy where they left off an O2 bung, but they covered return freight, and had a refabbed/recoated header back to me in 7 days!

Just doing a little bit of research on this, in the Doug's Headers, they list D4477-B, that shows the later 5.7 header gaskets with EGR provision, presumably these also fit the 6.1 heads:

http://shop.dougsheaders.com/doug-s...68-74-hi-temp-black-coating.html#.VLrUVVIcSUk

Every other listing I can find for Doug's D4477 shows the earlier 5.7 port layout, so maybe two versions available.

Sixpakchalle, is there any chance to get some measurements of these headers installed on the engine, most interested in the overall width and how low they hang?

Also I'm sure people are aware that Doug's and Doug Thornley are different companies.

Dang. Thread back from the dead. Yall need to know. There are TWO companies now. Doug Thorley Headers and Doug's Headers. Only one is associated with Doug Thorley and I am almost 100% certain it is Doug's Headers. Poor guy went through a bad divorce and his wife won the business. Then he restarted under Doug's Headers. At least this is my understanding. I could wrong about the order, but I know there are two DIFFEENT companies. One is Doug's Headers and the other is Doug Thorley Headers.

Doug's D4477, These have 6.1 and late 5.7 flanges

Hooker 5020-1HKR, These have early 5.7 flanges

I haven't installed either, but they are nearly identical, except for the flanges.

I got the Doug's because they were $375 shipped on eBay, $300 cheaper than the hooker headers I already had.

The seller still has some, price has gone up, and they don't look like the one's I got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dougs-Heade...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f359953ef

Here we go:

http://shop.dougsheaders.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=d4477

D4477 picture shows the old 5.7 gasket

D4477-R shows the new 5.7/6.1 gasket (R = Raw Steel I assume)

D4477-B also shows the new 5.7/6.1 gasket ( B = Black I assume)

The D4477 might be showing an old picture as they the later flange would still fit the early heads, I'm assuming they may have updated the flange at some stage. Just have to be careful that others are not selling old stock if that is the case.

-
Back