Doug Thorley or TTI headers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of guys on this site have dougs and tti's.... ive tried dougs, but for some reason, they didnt work for me, dont know what it was ive tried many differnt combos, engine mounts, shims, moving the engine around, everything, they just didnt fit...my application was a 68 barracuda, with a 318/904 trans, manual steering. they hit driver side and passenger side torsion bar...i switched to TTI's leaving everything the same, and they went right in, and clear everything!

im not bashing dougs in any way, when i had em in hand they are a very high quality header, nice welds and ceramic coating is high quality finish. they just didnt work for me. i would however, try another set if i could....maybe mine were tweaked on the jig when they were built or whatever...who the hell knows...

I have TTI on my 67 Barracuda and a set of Doug Thorley that came with my car and was told that they did not fit I have manual breaks/steering/trans I think it was the engine mounts were wrong. But I have a extra set if interested.
Ridge

Doug thorley is the old company before the "divorce". Wife got the Thorley brand. Dougs is the new company.

I don't believe the current Thorley line includes anything for A bodies. you need to find a set of Dougs D453

I wonder if the headers Zhandfull has are older CPPA headers. They look a lot like tti's except without the step design.

I have TTI on my 67 Barracuda and a set of Doug Thorley that came with my car and was told that they did not fit I have manual breaks/steering/trans I think it was the engine mounts were wrong. But I have a extra set if interested.
Ridge

Hey Ridge, do you have pictures you can send to my email? Price? I think I can drive up there, thanks. (will send pm)

IF you want just ground clearance...then Doug...If you want clearance and all the power possible TTI.... Your just paying for better clearance with Doug over a cheaper header, I believe I read they have shorter collectors or something like that compared to cheapies

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back