Dougs D453 headers with TTI exhaust?

-

hunt2elk

Reaction score
1970 Duster with a 340 4-speed manual steering and brakes. I already purchased a TTI 2.5" full exhaust system for headers. A buddy of mine was going to sell me his TTI headers, but has since changed his mind. So I need to purchase some and would love to save $250. by going with Dougs. Have any of you used this combo and how much modification had to be done?

1970 Duster with a 340 4-speed manual steering and brakes. I already purchased a TTI 2.5" full exhaust system for headers. A buddy of mine was going to sell me his TTI headers, but has since changed his mind. So I need to purchase some and would love to save $250. by going with Dougs. Have any of you used this combo and how much modification had to be done?

You have a "full" TTI system. You can pretty much put whatever kind of header you want, (except fenderwell). I have A body with TTi 3" X-pipe and cheap *** Dynomax headers , cheapest jet hot coated I could find. Put headers on first then figure out what pieces of manderel bent pipe it take to hook it up. Welded it together and it worked out fine. Wish I had saved my money and bought TTI. For a Mopar, nothing better than TTI, just my opinion.

Autozone you can get 15% off + $10 gift card + free shipping but you'll have to pay sales tax

Autozone you can get 15% off + $10 gift card + free shipping but you'll have to pay sales tax
I saw that. Comes out to $502. for D453 ceramic and thermal. Comparable TTI C4's are $762.

You have a "full" TTI system. You can pretty much put whatever kind of header you want, (except fenderwell). I have A body with TTi 3" X-pipe and cheap *** Dynomax headers , cheapest jet hot coated I could find. Put headers on first then figure out what pieces of manderel bent pipe it take to hook it up. Welded it together and it worked out fine. Wish I had saved my money and bought TTI. For a Mopar, nothing better than TTI, just my opinion.
I have TTI C5's on both my B-bodies along with their full exhaust and Ultra Flows with no complaints what so ever. Picked up a couple of 70 Dusters for a father/son project (I seem to be doing most the work lol) and was trying to save a few bucks. Probably should just go with the TTI's since both these brands seem to have the same z-bar issues.

-
Back